How To Prepare For Surgery
Preparing for Your Surgery/Procedure
- Schedule your pre-operative COVID-19 test, as indicated above. Your surgery/procedure will be rescheduled if the Center does not receive your negative test result prior to your arrival.
- Schedule your preoperative clearance appointment as indicated above. Please note: if you are 70 years old or have a history of heart problems, an EKG must be performed.
- From now until the date of your preoperative COVID-19 test, follow social distancing guidelines, minimize interactions, wash/sanitize your hands frequently and wear a face mask or cloth covering in public places. AFTER your preoperative COVID-19 test, you are expected to self-isolate. Monitor your health closely and call us if you experience any changes.
- Arrange for a driver on your scheduled surgery/procedure day. Patient arrival times are not finalized until 48 hours prior to your date-of-service and are subject to change, so please arrange for a driver with flexibility.
- Complete your online patient registration as soon as possible. This process will take approximately 20 minutes. Have your insurance information and a list of your home medications available when you complete it.
- You will receive a text from Wilton Surgery Center. Texting is a great way to receive communication about your appointment. If you would prefer NOT to use our texting service, you will be given the option to opt out.
- If you do not text, or are unable to register online, please call us at your convenience. We will assist you with your registration and review important preoperative information.
- As part of our commitment to your safety, all payment transactions for patient financial responsibilities must be completed prior to your surgery/procedure date. You will receive a phone call from our Business Office to process your payment if monies are owed. If you have questions regarding your financial responsibility please call us at (203) 563-9470 ext. 133 or ext. 134.